Google Rolling out Mobile Search Algorithm Update this May
Getting good, relevant answers when you search shouldn’t depend on what device you’re using. You should get the best answer possible, whether you’re on a phone, desktop or tablet. Last year, we started using mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal on mobile searches. Today we’re announcing that beginning in May, we’ll start rolling out an update to mobile search results that increases the effect of the ranking signal to help our users find even more pages that are relevant and mobile-friendly.
If you’ve already made your site mobile-friendly, you will not be impacted by this update. If you need support with your mobile-friendly site, we recommend checking out the Mobile-Friendly Test and the Webmaster Mobile Guide, both of which provide guidance on how to improve your mobile site. And remember, the intent of the search query is still a very strong signal — so even if a page with high quality content is not mobile-friendly, it could still rank well if it has great, relevant content.
If you have any questions, please go to the Webmaster help forum.
- Top Reasons Your Business Needs a Mobile-Friendly Website Right Now (Infographic)
- Influencer Marketing: How it is going to Change the Business Game for you?
- Want to Kick-start your Digital Marketing in Asia? 5 things that will get you success!
- Yandex AI Search algorithm Palekh and what it means for SEO
- Singapore: The Country with the most unique origin story
- SEO Tips – 5 Hot Trends You Must Vow To Follow In 2017