Drive Mobile App Downloads: Google Best Practices
So you’ve got an amazing app to share with the world. That’s great. Only thing is – there’s millions of other apps out there also trying to share the spotlight, or rather – home screen. How will you make sure that the right folks find your app?
This guide will help show you how to use Google AdWords to get as many of the right people to discover and download your app. So let’s get started.
1. Estimate the value of an app download
- Estimate how much an app user is worth to your business.
Why: Understand how much you should invest to acquire a user for your app.
2. Create compelling ads and an app store page
- Develop ads and an app store page that clearly describe your app’s value.
Why: Attract qualified users who will download and engage with your mobile app.
3. Promote your app to all potential users across Google
- Get started with universal app campaigns.
Why: Save time by setting up a single, automated campaign that gives you access to all of Google’s ad inventory to drive as many mobile app downloads within your target CPI and budget.
4. Promote your mobile app on the Google Display Network
- Create a Display Network app installs campaign.
Why: Reach people as they’re engaging with other mobile apps and browsing mobile websites across the Google Display Network.
5. Promote your mobile app on the Google Search Network
- Create a Search Network app installs campaign.
Why: Reach potential users who’ve expressed intent for what you offer on Google Search and Google Play.
6. Promote your app with video ads on YouTube
- Create a YouTube TrueView for app installs campaign.
Why: Reach potential users with the power of sight, sound and motion as they’re engaging with content on YouTube.
- Blogging makes Money: Myth or Truth?
- The Top 5 Most Important Facts About the Digital Marketing Industry
- How to Get Google Rating Stars?
- Getting the most out of your Youtube Videos
- How to Improve Image Search Rankings?
- DuckDuckGo vs Google