Click-to-message ads bring a new and easy way to talk to customers
If you’re inviting a friend to dinner or asking them about the best hotels in New York City, you’re probably doing it through mobile messaging. Nearly two thirds of smartphone owners use messaging more than five times a day to communicate with others.1 And people aren’t limiting their use of messaging to social communications – 65% of consumers say they’d consider using messaging to connect with a business to get information about a product or service, or to schedule an in-person appointment.2
In the coming weeks, Google AdWords introducing click-to-message ads to bring the efficiency and effectiveness of messaging to search ads. By setting up a message extension, you’ll give users an easy way to text you to start a conversation and continue it whenever is most convenient for them.
Tapping on the texting option launches a user’s SMS app with a pre-written message tailored to the product or service they’re interested in. For example, if you’re a travel advertiser and someone messages you after searching for New York City hotels, they can send or edit your pre-written message text, “I’m interested in a reservation. Please text me back with more information.”
Many advertisers are already using click-to-message ads to take advantage of a new and faster way to connect with consumers on mobile to increase conversion rates:
- Top Reasons Your Business Needs a Mobile-Friendly Website Right Now (Infographic)
- Influencer Marketing: How it is going to Change the Business Game for you?
- Want to Kick-start your Digital Marketing in Asia? 5 things that will get you success!
- Yandex AI Search algorithm Palekh and what it means for SEO
- Singapore: The Country with the most unique origin story
- SEO Tips – 5 Hot Trends You Must Vow To Follow In 2017