China’s WeChat threatens Apple in China
Apple’s position in China may be under threat by an app store launched in China by Tencen’s WeChat which is the most frequenstly used mobile app in China.
So far more than 100 apps have been made available on the platform and third party developers are bust creating more. Apple has blocked other rivals using the term “apps” so it can’t actually be named as an app store but they are looking to become a serious rival to Apple’s app store. One advantage they have is that WeChat won’t be taking any royalty payments and the apps can be used on both Android and iOS devices.
Apple has consistently struggled in China with profits falling and issues around China’s privacy laws and WeChat now has a 35% share of internet mobile hours with over 750million users logging in daily.
About WeChat: WeChat is a cross-platform instant messaging service developed by Tencent in China, first released in January 2011. It is one of the largest standalone messaging apps by monthly active users.
- SEO TRENDS TO FOLLOW IN MACAU- A GUIDE TO WIN 2018
- The Best SEO Firm for Banks, financial Institutions and Insurance
- SEO TRENDS IN JAPAN- Something that you must Explore NOW!
- Understanding SEO Trends in Cambodia 2017
- What are Private Blog Networks?
- SEO TRENDS all the Way from VIETNAM